ICCSSA aims to:
1. promote the importance and public understanding of statistics in organisations
2. promote professionalism in the field of statistics
3. encourage collaboration between practising statisticians and
4. accredit members and statistics courses.
ICCSSA will provide an operational function to:
- Get a buy-in from business, science councils, government departments and universities
- Implement a process for application and recruitment of members
- Ensure financial sustainability
- Create market awareness
- Engage with stakeholders to establish a Continuous Professional Development (CPD) programme
- Organise activities to unite, attract and empower members
Institute of Certificated and Chartered
Statisticians of South Africa
ICCSSA is the essential body for practising statisticians.
It establishes a united and collaborative environment through recognising,
empowering, providing true representation and continuously improving
the competency of statisticians with the aim to be a respected,
professional and well governed organisation.
The institute shall be known as the INSTITUTE of CERTIFICATED and CHARTERED STATISTICIANS of SOUTH AFRICA herein referred to as ICCSSA or as Institute. ICCSSA is a non-denominational, apolitical, non-racial and non-profit organisation. ICCSSA is a private body, a voluntary member of the South African Council for Natural Scientific Professions (SACNASP). Furthermore, ICCSSA is the recognised statistical professional body with SAQA for the purposes of the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) Act, Act 67 of 2008 and SAQA has approved the registration of the Chartered Statistician (ChM) and Certificated Statistician (CeM) for professional designations on the NQF.